Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Take a little trip...

This last week we were able to take a trip to So. Cal. It was nice to go, but as is the case in life, not for the best reasons. My paternal grandpa died and we went to his funeral. But as is also the case, we made the most of a bad situation. I traveled down, driving with my kids and no husband (Blaine couldn't get off work), caravaning with my sister Shiloh and her family. We stayed in Mesquite, which is almost half way and has cheap hotel rooms on weeknights. It was fun and a smothering 75 degrees. Actually is was chillier than you would think, especially when you are in an outdoor pool. Hee hee. And then on to California. We stayed in Anaheim at a hotel just a stones throw from Disneyland. We watched the fireworks everynight before bed. We went to the beach twice and swam in the pool everyday, in the 85 degree sunshine. I am so ready for spring now.

The viewing was nice, and the funeral was nice, but a little different for me as it was a catholic mass. An interesting experience, but a good one. It was nice to see my cousins and aunts and uncles we never get to see. I would love to go down there again, under better circumstances, but that isn't likely to happen.

It was a looooooooong drive, but so worth it. It made me realize a lot of things, but those will have to wait for another time. It was nice to spend time with my family.

Oh, and we also went to Medieval Times, and watched live jousting. It is worth it to go at least one time. Rather spendy, but soooo fun, and even funner when with rowdy people, like my family. On a side note, our knight won and my kids got pictures taken with the knights and princess. Then we got our groove on in the little dance floor there. It was a blast.

This also made me get in the mood for a summer roadtrip. Maybe Colorado, and then up to Wyoming or something. (wink at you Ramanda) Blaine even wants to come along. I think he missed me as much as I missed him. Taking care of four kids by yourself is much harder than I ever want to do again. Such is life.

All in all it was fun, and I know it is repetitive, but I am sooooo ready for summer, or at least spring. Hope all is well with all of you. If you are reading these, drop me a line and tell me how you are.

No comments: