Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And then the fit hit the shan....

So things seemed to be going pretty well there, didn't they? Well, as the title to this blog implies, things tool a big turn for the worse. Yesterday, we had to fix Blaine's car as it was leaking power steering fluid. We had to do our home inspection for the house we are buying. Our washer stopped working. My dad's truck caught on fire. Yep, you read that last one right. As if all the other things that day weren't enough, my dad's truck caught on fire, while he was inside. He got out okay, but it was bad. He lost his truck, his camper that was behind the truck, everything that was in his truck, including his laptop, his ipod, c-pap (for breathing when asleep), etc., etc., etc. Around $100,000 up in flames. But he is safe, so it is kind of okay.
As for the washer, it won't spin out. It may cost as little as $100 to fix, or as much as a new washer. We'll see, but it will be interesting.
Home inspection . . . well we have multiple broken pipes under the house, and maybe a bad sewer line. I hate plumbing, remember? And all of it is in a crawl space that you don't crawl in, unless you are a snake. Exciting isn't it? (that line dripping with sarcasm)
Blaine's car has been leaking power steering fluid, so he had to fix it yesterday as well. But on the up side, he did fix it.
Add to all of this the fact that what small savings we did have we spent on remodeling the bathroom, and then on the trip to Cali for the funeral.
By the time I went to bed yesterday, I was emotionally spent. I am slightly better today. I don't want sympathy, or the "count your blessings" talk, I just need to vent, and as a result you get to hear about it. I hope life is better for all of you, or should I say both of you. Thanks for reading Lisle and Ramanda. Cheerio!
Sherbet

1 comment:

Ramanda said...

Gee whiz woman! When it rains, it pours! I love your attitude about it though! You are stronger than I am for sure! Love ya and miss you!